Saturday, May 30, 2015

March(ish) 2015

February 27
Brandy: Jackson went in EARLY for dental surgery this morning. It was a little hard seeing him when he was waking up from the anesthesia. He cried a little bit, and kicked a little bit, but I think he did pretty well. He and Brandy are home now. Brandy said he is already riding his big wheel and playing. Brandy is actually having to hold him back a bit, because the doctor doesn't want him getting too excited today. It will be soft foods for the next day or two. No gum or sticky candy till his next set of teeth come in. He seems to be bouncing back like he always does. Let's pray he doesn't have to make any more hospital visits for a while.

February 28
We Went to the Chinese New Year Parade
Photos in album


March 2
Brandy: Hey everyone! Brandy here! I want to write to you all a very open letter about my life now. This is hard for me however I feel like I should share. T.J. and I do not go into any of Jack's medical issue out of respect for Jack. (Jack will be grown one day and he may not want the whole world to know his personal business) However I will tell you, before you start thinking the worst, it is not life threatening or even something that holds him back any. It is something that we have to deal with daily, had to see several Drs and a hospital stay. As a new Mother I have had to step outside even more of my comfort zone and just handle what comes. You are probably wondering why I am sharing this since I am not going into details, well I am sharing this because I want you all to know that even in the hard days there has been joy! Even when I get frustrated because I question everything I am doing, God always finds a way to reassure me of my role. T.J. and I had to make a decision about Jack's day care a few months back and we both felt at peace with God telling us that I should stay at home. I went from working a 40 hour a week job that I enjoyed to staying at home with a 4 year old. At first it was so hard for me. I was not sure I could do it especially with Jack's "extra needs". Once again, I tell you this because it has made me rely on Jesus even more. I've had to step away and just cry out to Jesus for wisdom and understanding! And since we have an awesome God, He always gives me what I need. Sharing all this to you guys is hard, being so open about life can go either way with other people judging. However I got to thinking: God gave me this life, there has to be a reason. So I felt lead to share this part of the journey just in case it may help someone grow closer to God or if someone is thinking about adoption this may help with your walk towards your child. As I am writing this, scripture comes to mind: 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
I always understood the words to this scripture but never really understood the MEANING. However now that I have the chance to serve my husband and son the way God needs me too, I truly get this scripture. I don't know if I would ever really "get it" if I didn't have this chance. Adoption is the true example of God's love for us and I am blessed that God chose me for this life. My cup is runneth over, yes even on those REALLY difficult days when I am unsure, (and believe me , there has been A LOT) I am still full of joy. The joy that only Jesus can give. I pray this helps with someone tonight that needs to hear that our Lord will never leave us or forsake us. I am living proof that God can take someone that is under-qualified and give them the "gifts" to do His will.

March 12
Brandy: Jack first Easter is coming up! So excited to introduce this special holiday to him and teach Jack all about JESUS being ALIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment